I was recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award!! I love writing and having other like-minded people taking the time to read my thoughts on unraveling life’s loose threads is certainly a bonus. I would like to thank Left With Louie for the nomination.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog
7 Facts About Dixie
1. I LOVE to travel! I was bitten by a ferocious travel bug in 2000. I spent 10 glorious days with my oldest daughter, Katie, after she completed her college abroad program in Italy. We visited Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome! Need I say more?
2. I have written a humor column called “You Gotta Laugh” for my Texas hometown newspaper for the past 18 years, although do not feel that I am a particularly funny person. It’s my family that is hilarious!
3. I’ve had jobs as a switchboard operator, file clerk and legal secretary. And yes … I can type about 90 words per minute but can’t text worth a flip!
4. I am very patient and persistent. My mother, now age 81, lost her green card in 1948. It never became an issue until a few years ago when Texas state laws were changed. Mom couldn’t prove she was here legally … so no driver’s license renewal. It took me 3 years … but I got it for her!
5. Yes … my real name is Dixie! I was named after Bing Crosby’s first wife.
6. I have been quilting for the past 30 years and try to learn a new skill with each new quilt project. I also credit my lovely quilting friends, you know who you are, as my reason for becoming a better quilter!
7. I am a history nut … particularly World War II and Civil War!
15 Bloggers I’d like to nominate…
5. Picnic at the Cathedral
8. Jenna Brand
9. Mandy Munroe
11. Kate Goes Global
12. 2 Write 4 Health
13. Quilty as Sin
14. Logo Quilts
Wow, that was difficult! I follow a lot of blogs and love reading them all. I hope you click-through to these sites and enjoy them just as much as I do.
:: Dixie ::